admissions@aussom.org 1-888-928-7633


As a Graduate of AUS, will I be able to practice medicine in the US?As a Graduate of AUS, will I be able to practice medicine in the US?

The American University of St. Vincent is recognized by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG). This grants you the right to take all three steps of the United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE), which will enable the students to apply for residency programs and thereby licensing in the US.

Is there a Minimum MCAT score required for admission?

AUS does not require MCAT for admission.

How much does tuition cost per semester?

Check details > https://aussom.org/admissions/tuition-finance-info/

What are my options for housing on the island?

The AUS housing department staff works closely with students to select appropriate housing. Housing department not only helps students find housing near the main campus but also extends support that helps foster a positive off campus living experience. Please contact the housing department for more information at 784-532-6100 or email housing@aussom.org

How do I get to St Vincent?

St Vincent and the Grenadines can be reached by air through six major gateways – Barbados, Grenada, Trinidad, St. Lucia, Martinique and Puerto Rico, with connecting flights to Bequia, Canouan, Mustique and Union Island. These islands are served from international destinations by Air Canada, American Airlines, Air France, Caribbean Airlines and British Airways, and as well as seasonal charter services. LIAT provide scheduled services whilst SVG Air,TIA2000 and Air Mustique are available for charter to St. Vincent and the Grenadine Islands from these international airports. The Grantley Adams Airport in Barbados has a help desk in the arrivals hall open from 1:00PM to 8:00PM specifically to assist passengers making connections to St. Vincent and the Grenadine islands. An international airport is due for completion in St. Vincent in 2012, allowing intercontinental flights and this will greatly open up access to St. Vincent & The Grenadines.

Will I need a Visa to live in St Vincent?

Yes, you will need visa. The AUS will process the paperwork and help you obtain the necessary visa for the duration of your stay on the island. Please contact the Dallas Office for information regarding visas for visiting family or friends.

Does AUS provide 100% Placement for Clinical Rotations?

Yes, Students have to pass USMLE Step 1 to start Clinical Rotation.

Where are the clinical sites or clinical rotations being held?

Clinical rotations are held at various teaching hospitals across the US which are approved by the Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). Please visit our office or email clinicals@aussom.org for more information.

Does AUS offer Greenbook rotations?

Yes, students can do core rotations in Greenbook hospitals.

Does AUS offer any scholarships to students?

Click here to get information about AUS scholarships. > https://aussom.org/admissions/scholarships-and-loans/